Medicare is a maze of healthcare choices. The different parts and plans can be hard to understand, especially for a Medicare newbie. Many folks refer to Medicare agents to help them sort through their options and pick the best plan for their needs. Here’s how you can benefit from working with an agent and what to expect when you do.
Why Work with a Medicare Agent?
At Bobby Brock Insurance, our agents are trained professionals who know Medicare inside and out. We can help you narrow down your options and choose the plan that best fits your health and financial circumstances. You don’t have to pay a dime for our services since we get paid by the insurance companies for selling their products. We can also help guide you through the Medicare enrollment process. Ultimately, you’ll save time and money by working with an agent.
Expect to Share Information
As the old saying goes, sharing is caring. The more information you provide, the better the meeting will go. Collect this information that will help the agent guide you toward the type of coverage that best fits your situation:
- Medical history and status: Your current and previous health conditions will help determine what Medicare coverage you need.
- Medications: What drugs do you currently take? What medications might you need to take in the next year? We recommend talking with your doctor to see what drugs you might need in the coming days.
- Finances: Having an open conversation about your finances can help the agent discover which plans align with your budget. We typically address your yearly income, whether you’re on a fixed income, what your living expenses are, and how much you currently spend on healthcare.
Expect to Get Inside Information
After you provide your information to the agent, you’ll get the scoop on prescription drug coverage. This is known as Part D — the most confusing part of Medicare.
Every Part D plan has a list of covered drugs called a formulary. The agent will need to know your prescriptions to ensure that both the medications and the dosages you currently take are included. When you work with Bobby Brock Insurance, we’ll check these two things for you:
- If the drug plan has a preferred network of pharmacies with lower drug costs, and
- If your own pharmacy or the ones in your area are listed.
Expect to Review your Coverage Annually
Medicare plan benefits and costs may change from year to year, and your health status can change over time. Review your coverage each year to make sure your plan will meet your budget and health needs in the next year. You can do so during the proper annual enrollment periods, which our agents will be happy to discuss with you.
Contact a Licensed Medicare Agent
Decisions about healthcare coverage can greatly impact your health and financial security. A licensed agent is a valuable resource who will help you find the right blend of price and coverage, so you can achieve peace of mind. For more information, contact Bobby Brock Insurance at (662) 844-3300.